You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Freezes While Saving File

Using Afinity Photo 1.7.1 on an iMac running High Sierra 10.13.6

The problem occurs when I'm working on an illustration and I save my progress.  The "Save document" bar appears and never goes away leaving me incapable of continuing with the file.  The only remedy I've found is to "Force Quit" Affinity Photo.  When I open the file again after force quitting, none of my changes were even saved.  As I'm typing this, I't's been 11 minutes since I took the screenshot, and it still frozen on the "Save document" bar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

631745873_ScreenShot2019-06-28at2_57_20PM.thumb.png.0ef7a0c475af932f68b1b7f90ea216ce.png

• Staff

Hi pauldraws,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
We have been received a few reports from different users about similar issues when saving files in High Sierra (freezes/crashes). If you Save As your work (as a new file) instead of just saving overwriting the existing one, does it save the (new) file correctly for you? We still don't know why this is happening but we are looking into it. My apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

2 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi pauldraws,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
We have been received a few reports from different users about similar issues when saving files in High Sierra (freezes/crashes). If you Save As your work (as a new file) instead of just saving overwriting the existing one, does it save the (new) file correctly for you? We still don't know why this is happening but we are looking into it. My apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Thanks for your response!  Even when I create a new Save As file it does this.  Not every time, but often.

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2019 at 3:26 AM, pauldraws said:

Hey, I'm still having this problem occasionally.  Has there been a solution to this yet?

Thanks,

Paul

Not to my knowledge. You might want to check out my post about this same issue…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...