You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No sync swatches&artboards from macbook to iPad

I recently bought affinity designer for my iPad and made some (application) swatches on my macbook in affinity designer, but when opening affinity designer on my iPad the swatches aren't visible. Also tried it with system swatches but that didn't make a difference. 

Next to that I have some trouble opening a affinity file consisting of different artboards on my iPad that I made on my macbook. I only get to see the first artboard and when creating a new artboard in order to see the whole field, none of the artboards I previous made show up...

Hope you can help me out on this, for I'm already considering a refund request... 

• Staff

Hi JMV :)

Please try creating document palettes these will be embedded in your document and accessible via iPad.

On 6/27/2019 at 9:01 AM, JMV said:

Next to that I have some trouble opening a affinity file consisting of different artboards on my iPad that I made on my macbook. I only get to see the first artboard and when creating a new artboard in order to see the whole field, none of the artboards I previous made show up...

I'm very sorry to hear this, could you attach a copy of your .afdesign file so I can look into this for you?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. Reading about the pallettes I thought that application would mean that it would be available in all affinity applications (on mac and iPad) but as I understand you well this isn't the case? 

Below the document with 5 artboards (of which two are still empty). The strange thing is that when trying to save this document I cannot do this, the option 'save' and 'save as....' is light grey even when I made some changes. Quite strange....

Just one more thing I just found out: I also have adobe typekit and the fonts I use there are automatically also available in affinity designer on my macbook, but not in the affinity app on my iPad (the nummer of fonts there are far less regardless the adobe typekit fonts). 

poster babykamer 3.afdesign

• Staff
On 6/28/2019 at 2:06 PM, JMV said:

Reading about the pallettes I thought that application would mean that it would be available in all affinity applications (on mac and iPad) but as I understand you well this isn't the case? 

Unfortunately we can't sync palettes between devices, Application Palettes affect that systems application only. Document Palettes are embedded in the document, meaning they are accessible wherever the Affinity file is opened.

The strange thing is that when trying to save this document I cannot do this, the option 'save' and 'save as....' is light grey even when I made some changes. Quite strange....

Did this document begin as a Sample? It sounds as though the document is locked from saving. The document you've attached has obviously been saved, are you referring to this document here (ie further changes now can't be saved?) Or do you have a different document on your iPad that you can't save at all? Please check you have enough storage space left on your iPad to save the document.

I also have adobe typekit and the fonts I use there are automatically also available in affinity designer on my macbook, but not in the affinity app on my iPad

With our Desktop apps we use the system fonts, meaning if you have custom fonts installed system-wide these will be detected automatically. Our iPad apps function differently, due to how iOS handles fonts. You have to manually install fonts through Affinitys Settings on the iPad, see the following video for how to do this!

https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/designer/ipad/video/273647530

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I was able to open the file and get to the embedded document by double tapping it. Then I used save as on the art board sub document to create this new version.

C10AE3E7-A5EF-4CC9-9DA9-961F6E5AEEB4.jpeg

new poster babykamer 3.afdesign

235D05FF-4DAD-40DE-B32B-5EC1A58C6DAB.png

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help