KevinK

Publisher crashes on imported PDF

I loaded a PDF I prepared in Pageplus X9 into Publisher. As I scroll through the document publisher crashes every time. It leaves 'droppings' in RAM after it disappears and eventually it crashes the computer. If you load a subset of the whole document (say 20 pages) it only shows the first 3 and last 4 pages when scrolling.

Hi

Sorry I've been busy.

I don't think it's a good idea uploading the pdf of a newly published book onto a public forum.

The book is 232 pages long with a watermark on each page (9' x 6" standard paperback). It is mostly text (2 illustrations in the book) with 4 fonts - it has a lot of tables (most pages feature tables as it is a reference book). I can import a few pages to it at a time but when I try to load the whole book it freezes. The computer is an i7 running windows 10 (with all the updates and avast). I only wanted to correct the spacing on one heading and pageplus is a bit slow dealing with big documents. I fixed it in an pageplus X9 in the end. No pp import to publisher is a big disappointment as it would have avoided this problem.

I am using the release version of publisher btw NOT the beta.

Ok I uploaded it.

As an aside (and completely off topic) can you tell me if I can do cut outs in Affinity designer? I use slight variations on a theme for my book cover designs so I need to cut parts out of the background pattern and colour/rotate them. Is that possible?

5 hours ago, KevinK said:

As an aside (and completely off topic) can you tell me if I can do cut outs in Affinity designer? I use slight variations on a theme for my book cover designs so I need to cut parts out of the background pattern and colour/rotate them. Is that possible?

This is the Publisher Forum!
You can use the Vector Crop tool. If you make a copy on new ArtBoards before (ArtBoard tool), you can save different versions.

My Specs:
- Processor: AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
- Monitor: SyncMaster F2380 (resolution 1920x1080)
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro (1803) / 64 bit