You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Migrating affinity to another computer

• Staff

Hi Burnt1,

Welcome to the forums :)

Yes you can you will just need to re download the app from where you purchased it once you are on the new computer.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Provided they are the same 'brand' i.e. Mac or Windows. You can't migrate from Mac to Windows or vice versa.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 minutes ago, Burnt1 said:

Do I need to remove my applications first from the old machine first?

Not unless you are giving it away or selling it. If you will keep it and still be the user then it is fine to have on two machines.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Cool thanx, could you suggest a good minimum power requirement I need to get reasonable response, my crappy computer is doing a lot of slowdown running affinity software. I have a Toshiba Satellite C655 With a AMD Athlon 2 p30 2.20Ghz with 8 gigs of ram and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series graphics 

2 hours ago, Burnt1 said:

Cool thanx, could you suggest a good minimum power requirement I need to get reasonable response, my crappy computer is doing a lot of slowdown running affinity software. I have a Toshiba Satellite C655 With a AMD Athlon 2 p30 2.20Ghz with 8 gigs of ram and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series graphics 

Affinity Photo requirements

Affinity Designer requirements

Affinity Publisher requirements

I believe my computer has those specs except the screen maybe it's just my athlon 2 is a dog of a processor was a bad processor in its day then and is now. The Affinity does run on it but some times it chugs and sticks, I have to open task manager to get my tablet back working when it freezes that does get it back running don't even have to end it, mostly freezes when I move layers panel back to dock. Ya the screen makes it cramped (resolution to low) but still better then illustrator.