You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi - where is 'Hide all Guides' in Publisher? I've found reference to it in previous posts on the forum but neither Publisher or Photo appear to have it in the view menu. It's a rather useful feature of course and in Publisher, it's not possible to preview the document without at least the boxes around text!

3 hours ago, Ron Wollschläger said:

I use SHIFT + COMMAND + ; (Show/Hide Guides) or CONTROL + W (Turn on/off Preview Mode) to see everything clear without any frames/guides.

I hope i could help you. :)

Thanks Ron but neither works for me and I can't find any reference to 'Preview Mode' in either Publisher or Photo!

• Staff
21 minutes ago, Nick Ingamells said:

Thanks Ron but neither works for me and I can't find any reference to 'Preview Mode' in either Publisher or Photo!

You should find the button for Preview Mode in the View menu towards the top of the app :)

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

2 hours ago, Callum said:

You should find the button for Preview Mode in the View menu towards the top of the app :)

Hi Callum and Ron - still no joy. I don't have a preview mode button (this is the desktop version as per this forum) but if you compare the menu with the preferences options in this screenshot there's something not quite right...! My version is the 1.7.1 and i seem to remember there being a Preview option in the view menu in the beta but I'm not sure. Anyone from Affinity care to contribute?  

Screenshot 2019-06-26 16.17.01.png

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Nick Ingamells said:

Hi Callum and Ron - still no joy. I don't have a preview mode button (this is the desktop version as per this forum) but if you compare the menu with the preferences options in this screenshot there's something not quite right...! My version is the 1.7.1 and i seem to remember there being a Preview option in the view menu in the beta but I'm not sure. Anyone from Affinity care to contribute?  

Screenshot 2019-06-26 16.17.01.png

It is only available in the Publisher persona.

PS I'm from Affinity :) 

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.