8bit

Opacity or flow changes in pixel mode, when switching tools back and forth

I'm painting with a paint brush on a pixel layer, using all black - and getting all black on the canvas. I then change to the eraser. Erase something. Then switch back to the paint brush.

From now on, when I paint, the result is that the all black colour is dark grey instead. Either like the opacity or flow has been backed off, or maybe like the brush has some sort of "wet" setting that affects the whole brush.

To get back to the all black, I have to switch away from the brush I'm using in the brush palette, then back again to the brush I was using - and now I'm getting all black again when painting.

I've attached an example image.

Designer_2019-06-23_21-50-07.png

Just tried this and do not experience any bug - black paint stays black.

Perhaps some setting of your brush or eraser?

Can you post…

• a file (with saved history)
  • screen capture video / GIF of the problem occurring
  • screenshots of tool setting that might help reproduce what you are seeing?

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

Hi 8bit,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums! As Aammppaa has asked a screen capture showing the entire screen would help illustrate to us what might be going on. Are you able to do that at all please?