You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pages can change master page contents

I reported this one back in the beta phace, but it is still happening in 1.7.1, but now I think I can reproduce it. It happens in a short window of time after you have applied a master page to all pages. Right after that you can click on the master page elements that are now on the page and edit them. 

I deleted the original master for the pages, made a new one, added a text field to the master. Then I clicked in the list of pages, and control clicked Apply Master. Then the master page text element appeared and I could edit it. The changes affected only that page, not the other pages with the same master. 

Can anyone reproduce this ?

Kent

Yes. It is kind of smart:

You can place a text frame on a master and the application knows that you will want to edit its content differently on various document pages.
For instance you can place a text frame on the master and assign a paragraph style for "Headline" and have another frame with "Body". Then, to insert content on various document pages, you simply select their frames and write or paste – without the need to care about frame position, size or text style.

In case you want content for ALL pages then you write/paste it in the frame on the master page, not on any document page of cause. Those master page frames don't act like symbol objects unless you make them be symbols. But Symbols are another cup of tea and, nowadays, not available in AfPublisher.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1