mkaneshiro

Dead end UI when Dock is anchored to bottom of screen

With a 13" MBP mid-2012 and the Apple Dock anchored to the bottom of the screen, there is a window combination where you would be required to Force Quit or go to Preferences and change where the Dock attaches. Example:
deadend.thumb.png.5cde7cb49e097a461c9dc894ff583fca.png

Do you need the dock to be visible all the time? I use a 13” MBP but hide the dock to give more screen space, it reappears when I hover the mouse over it. I have no problems seeing the whole window in Affinity.

No, I don't need the Dock all the time, but it took me quite a bit of time to figure out what to do. It was pretty frustrating to be partway through a file and then have to Force Quit to get out of the dead end. Obviously, now that I know of this workaround, that's no longer an issue, but should it be an issue at all?

I understand the frustration, for some reason that window does not extend all the way to the bottom of the main app window on my machine, there seems to be a scaling problem somewhere.

Hopefully they can get this sorted for you. It will speed things up if you can post your machine specs and which OS version you are using.

Hey mkaneshiro,

I've reproduced this on a MacBook Air. Even with the dock minimized, you can only just see the buttons. You can esc out of it but it really isn't ideal. I will pass this to the developers.