You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.7.2.150 - RC2)

Hi! There´s a huge amount of flashing red pixels when trying to do new HDR merge, with both .PNG and .RAW - files. Is there something to fix that? I have macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. There were no problems with Affinity Photo 1.6.

Thank you!

Edited by markusvarnes
This post can be deleted, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I experienced the same issue, attached a screenshot. The shown red pattern starts flashing during the HDR merge process (not exactly sure at which step) and it remains on the canvas afterwards. Even after finishing and applying the tone mapping the red pixels keep vibrating. Sometimes it disappears and sometimes it stops vibrating and just shows the pattern that is visible on the screenshot, but most of the time it keeps flashing.

In my case disabling Metal compute acceleration seems to have resolved the issue. 

Thanks for the tip. Just wanted to give you some further input on the issue.

High Sierra version 10.13.6 on MacBook Pro Retina Early 2015. Affinity Photo 1.7.1

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 15.28.45.png

• Staff

Hi Gabor S.,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Thanks for the feedback/report. Seems this issue is restricted to High Sierra (and eventually other older macOS versions). I've seen other reports similar to this one and if I'm not wrong all seem to be using the same OS. Can you post a screenshot of your full Mac specs please (Apple > About This Mac)? Thanks.

• Staff

Hi Gabor S.,
Thanks for the additional information. Do you mind trying/installing the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.7.2.150 - RC2) and check if you are still experiencing those issues (red pattern flashes) please? I believe this is now fixed but since this seems restricted to specific configs/macOS I want to make sure there's indeed no more problems.

Remember to keep the retail version installed since its required to run the Beta. Apart from that they are independent from each other. Thanks for your support.

Hi MEB,

I've tried it a couple of times, the flashing remained unfortunately (there were different patterns this time, but it might be a coincidence). Interestingly, recording a screencast doesn't seem to be possible, both times when I was recording one using QT, the issue was not reproducible. I didn't have time to do more tests this morning, just wanted to give a quick heads up.

Cheers,

-Gabor.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 08.15.13.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 08.15.02.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 08.14.09.png