You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Table of Contents Leader

Hello, I am loving Affinity Publisher, but I have a question. 

In my table of contents, I would like to have dots as a leader between the heading and the page number. I see the option to add a separator (which right now is ">>"), so I am assuming that's where I would change it, but I'm not sure what to enter (or how to find what to enter).

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know!

You have to modify the Tab Stops in the Text Style Formatting of your TOC. There you can specify e.g. dots.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

2 hours ago, RenWaller said:

when I change it, the spacing shifts and no dots are added.

The first column in that list is the position of the tab.  You have it set to 0 inches, presumably from the left side of the frame/column, so there is no additional indentation for it to make, and nowhere for the leaders to go.  Click on the three-dots to get the popup and check the "From Right" option - then the tab stop will be 0 inches from the right side of the frame/column instead of 0 inches from the left side.

The second column is the direction that the text moves from the tab stop.  Right now you have it set left-aligned; I think you want to change that to right-aligned?

• 1 month later...