You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Soft proof adjustment layer: Gamut check not working?

I just updated to Affinity Photo 1.7.  It seems that the option to check gamut in the Soft proof adjustment layer isn't working.  In the previous version of Affinity Photo, when I imported a JPEG file created by DxO Photo Lab 2, added a Soft proof Adjustment Layer and configured it to use the profile for the Canon Pro 1000/500 Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Absolute Colourimetric, Black Point Compensation and Gamut Check, large parts of the photo were displayed in grey and I had to add some adjustment layers to adjust out-of-gamut colors.  In 1.7, no grey areas appear at all.  Has something been corrected in 1.7 that was wrong in the previous version, or is something in 1.7 broken?

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5

Thanks, @GabrielM.

I distinctly recall a follow-up post saying that unchecking Enable Metal compute acceleration works around this problem, and a fix should be coming in a week; however, I can no longer find it.  Can you?

Regards,

CORRECTION:  Just found @Andy Somerfield's reply in another thread:

Edited by Richard Liu
Correction

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5