Using 1.7.0.312 Beta on Windows 10

Every time I open it I get a message saying

New Beta available.

There is a new version of the Beta. Please download the latest version from the first thread of our beta forum.

Then two buttons, OK and Download.

Clicking Download takes me to

Download Version 1.7.0

When I try that, I’m told I already have the latest version

Clicking OK and going to the beta forum, I can’t find where to download anything later than what I’ve got.

I guess the dialog box is just out of date.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

3 hours ago, jatclat said:

Clicking OK and going to the beta forum, I can’t find where to download anything later than what I’ve got.

I guess the dialog box is just out of date.

Yes, update from app doesn't work yet. – Here is direct download link:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/affinity-beta/download/Affinity-Publisher-Beta-1.7.0.337.exe

The announcement always gets updated in the forum section "Report bugs in Publisher beta..." –> "Affinity Publisher Public Beta - ...", for instance for Windows & v337:

macOS 10.12.6,  Macbook Pro 15" + Eizo 24"

33 minutes ago, thomaso said:

The announcement always gets updated in the forum section "Report bugs in Publisher beta..." –> "Affinity Publisher Public Beta - ...", for instance for Windows & v337:

True. But usually when they enable auto-update they also provide the proper download when one clicks on the message on the app :)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

True. But usually when they enable auto-update they also provide the proper download when one clicks on the message on the app :)

Oh. That didn't work for me in macOS, and I did not try again after reading a moderators posting about that feature not working yet, a couple betas ago.

macOS 10.12.6,  Macbook Pro 15" + Eizo 24"

17 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Oh. That didn't work for me in macOS, and I did not try again after reading a moderators posting about that feature not working yet, a couple betas ago.

On Windows it's not really an auto-update, just a notification of the new version and a link to the download site.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta