You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

need previous version's info

Hi,

Have a MS Surface 3. Upgraded to new Designer version. Now it no longer works and I need to revert to the previous working version of Designer. Still have the old download  of Designer on the Surface but it wants the old key and old email. I don't see any of that information  in my account details here at Serif. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi,

Well out of desperation ..lol ...I tried to reinstall the new version it wanted me to upgrade to and I find that actually, I don't have a valid key to that either so I am left without any way to continue working today so that will teach me to say yes to the upgrade !!!  lol.... any help you could give me here would fish me out of a bad spot ... thank you!!

• Staff

Hi @tr89908809,

Welcome to the Affinity forum!

We do not see any record of a purchase on your Affinity Store account. Could you contact affinity@serif.com with your order number so that we are able to look in to this further for you?

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

Steve,

Hi. I had hoped I had registered my change of email with Affinity when I discontinued my previous email service.  My wife, God bless her, is the preserver of all things digital and called a minute ago to tell me she has an email from Affinity with the original activation key for version 1.5 something something which is what I need to get back to. 

For now I think I am all set but I should somehow transfer the information from my previous account to this new email or transfer her email onto this account.. or something lol....

Thank you for your kind reply ! 

Vote plus-one for a Linux version from me since I am not subject to forced application-breaking upgrades there and I can just work without worrying my world is going to be  suddenly turned upside down by unseen forces beyond my control lol...... 

6 hours ago, StevenS said:

Hi @tr89908809,

Welcome to the Affinity forum!

We do not see any record of a purchase on your Affinity Store account. Could you contact affinity@serif.com with your order number so that we are able to look in to this further for you?

SteveS,

Hello. I just logged in using the original email and tried to change my email to my "new" email but of course I was informed, correctly, that that email account is already in use !!!  I guess so long as I have a working email I can forget about *this* account and use the previous one (which I thought was gone forever).  

So the sum of this is I seem to be squared away in the sort of whacky way we arrive at that state in this age of changing emails passwords and online accounts ! 

20 minutes ago, tr89908809 said:

I just logged in using the original email and tried to change my email to my "new" email but of course I was informed, correctly, that that email account is already in use !!!  I guess so long as I have a working email I can forget about *this* account and use the previous one (which I thought was gone forever).  

Just to be sure you know, the Affinity Store accounts are separate from the Affinity Forum accounts.

You should be able to change the email address associated with your Store account by signing in to https://affinity.serif.com and updating it in your account details.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1