Just purchased new HP laptop with Windows 10. Been a user of page plus products since pp1 and would like to update to latest version of pp x9. Will the X9 version or the free PP starter version work with all my original .ppp files

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Bruce. :)

Questions about PagePlus and Serif’s other ‘legacy’ applications should be posted here.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

12 hours ago, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Bruce. :)

Questions about PagePlus and Serif’s other ‘legacy’ applications should be posted here.

Will I be still be able to open .ppp files created in earlier versions of Pageplus ( 2.0 through the latest 8.0  ) if I load a newer version such as ( the Free PP Starter Version or Pageplus X9) on my new computer running Windows 10

12 hours ago, Alfred said:

Have you tried this?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

7 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

Have you tried this?

Have I tried what, John? Posting to CommunityPlus (CP) in general, or getting help with old ‘Plus’ files in particular? :/

I’m a frequent CP user, but I don’t often use the ancient versions of the ‘Plus’ applications.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

21 minutes ago, Bruce E. Gallie said:

Will I be still be able to open .ppp files created in earlier versions of Pageplus ( 2.0 through the latest 8.0  ) if I load a newer version such as ( the Free PP Starter Version or Pageplus X9) on my new computer running Windows 10

If it’s a new computer it’s probably running 64-bit Windows 10, in which case the installer with automatically give you the 64-bit version of PPX9. That version won’t be able to open files created with 32-bit versions such as PagePlus 8.0 PDF Edition, so you would need to run the installer again — leaving the 64-bit installation in place — and use the option to install the 32-bit version. The two versions will happily coexist on your system, but (because they share a single set of application data) you can’t run them both at the same time.

PagePlus Starter Edition is no longer available and Starter Edition keys can no longer be retrieved online, so if you’ve kept an old copy of the installer but you don’t have a record of the product key you won’t be able to install it.

Alfred online2long.gif

4 hours ago, Alfred said:

Have I tried what, John

Sorry about that. The 'this' should have had a link attached. I was just trying to encourage @Bruce E. Gallie to follow the link to the PagePlus site.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630