You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, is possible to save a different workspace for UI ?

I use sometimes mouse on my screen to draw graphic, other I use my wacom cintiq with penn, and when use it, I must put all the palette and page to the screen of cintiq.

Is possible to save a workspace after positioning the palette and recall  when needed?

thanks!

Meanwhile I go to study english.. :-)

Not sure if this is the proper place to put this, but I'd like to put a BIG +1 on this.

I use a laptop with an external display while at my desk and keep my Studio panels on the second display, but when I'm on the road I only have my laptop display to use. It would be nice to be able to switch workspaces quickly without having to reposition each and every panel.

As well, when I'm illustrating, I prefer a different panel setup than when I'm doing layout work or UI work, again, switching between them quickly would help.

I've been juggling my preferences in order to manage this myself, a simple UI dropdown or menu item would be great.

Thanks for a great product!

• 2 years later...

Yet another workspace request thread.  I'll add my bump to illustrate this feature has been requested for at least 2 years.  Is there a way to consolidate all these?  If I only post in the most recent thread, it feels like the issue has less weight being requested a couple months ago, versus a couple years ago.

• Staff

I'll add my bump to illustrate this feature has been requested for at least 2 years.

Bumping threads will not make this appear faster. Please don't

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I'll add my bump to illustrate this feature has been requested for at least 2 years.

Bumping threads will not make this appear faster. Please don't

But does it help a user who sees this thread and not another, indicating that, "No, the topic isn't dead, we're still waiting, and you're not alone in asking."?  I assume the reason so many exist is probably they weren't tagged, or tagged well, though it's always possible the poster didn't look for an existing.  I've looked for a specific issue a few times, just to later be pointed to a thread that didn't come up in my searches.  So maybe having a way to move these to the original topic that best fits the issue would help, at least my user experience.