Hi guys, I need to help; i don't know if this is an Affinity Designer bug or is a my issue:

I've a file (X) into there's an embedded file (Y), when i export the file (X) in the space where should be there the embedded icons (Y) there is nothing, do you know why? where am I wrong?

Below the example, the icons (Indicated with red arrows) in the file (X) is an ambedded component (File Y), when i export the file (X), the export is without the icons :61_sob:.

I hope that someone can help me, thanks! ❤ (Software: Affinity Designer Retail, OS: Windows)

Cattura.PNG

Which program and version on what OS would get you more answers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

Retail or a beta version?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe posting the nonworking file here may help to solve the problem

30 minutes ago, Matteo Maravalle said:

I cant't pubblish that file, but i reproduced a similar file. This problem does not only occur with that file but also with any other file.
I attached an example, thanks a lot!

Example.zip

Using your File X.afdesign file, I exported to pdf using 4 of the presets in the File > Export window with Area set to "Whole Document." The results are attached below. As you can see if you open them in Affinity Designer, in each of them embedded File Y appears as expected.

I did not tick the 'Don't export layers hidden by Export persona' option, but I doubt that would make any difference.

All for export.pdf
All for web.pdf
All X-1a 2003.pdf
All X-4.pdf

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

22 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Using your File X.afdesign file, I exported to pdf using 4 of the presets in the File > Export window with Area set to "Whole Document." The results are attached below. As you can see if you open them in Affinity Designer, in each of them embedded File Y appears as expected.

I did not tick the 'Don't export layers hidden by Export persona' option, but I doubt that would make any difference.

All for export.pdf
All for web.pdf
All X-1a 2003.pdf
All X-4.pdf

Mhhh, what OS, are you using?

I tried again following your instructions but don't work yet :61_sob:

Now i'm tried on iMac of my friend and it works, So this is a bug

20 minutes ago, Matteo Maravalle said:

Mhhh, what OS, are you using?

It is shown in my signature below my posts: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

It is shown in my signature below my posts: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Well so the problem is windows, i'm so sad...
I tried on iMac and it work.

Can i report the issue at the devs?

Tanks a lot for the availability!

Guess it is,tried to export to pdf and nothing
Better you post a bug report here
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/36-bugs-on-windows/

Just now, Matteo Maravalle said:

Thanks, in the beta work! do you know when it will be officially released?

Sadly not but hopefully it won't be too long to wait :)