You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys, I need to help; i don't know if this is an Affinity Designer bug or is a my issue:

I've a file (X) into there's an embedded file (Y), when i export the file (X) in the space where should be there the embedded icons (Y) there is nothing, do you know why? where am I wrong?

Below the example, the icons (Indicated with red arrows) in the file (X) is an ambedded component (File Y), when i export the file (X), the export is without the icons :61_sob:.

I hope that someone can help me, thanks! ❤ (Software: Affinity Designer Retail, OS: Windows)

Cattura.PNG

30 minutes ago, Matteo Maravalle said:

I cant't pubblish that file, but i reproduced a similar file. This problem does not only occur with that file but also with any other file.
I attached an example, thanks a lot!

Example.zip

Using your File X.afdesign file, I exported to pdf using 4 of the presets in the File > Export window with Area set to "Whole Document." The results are attached below. As you can see if you open them in Affinity Designer, in each of them embedded File Y appears as expected.

I did not tick the 'Don't export layers hidden by Export persona' option, but I doubt that would make any difference.

All for export.pdf
All for web.pdf
All X-1a 2003.pdf
All X-4.pdf

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

22 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Using your File X.afdesign file, I exported to pdf using 4 of the presets in the File > Export window with Area set to "Whole Document." The results are attached below. As you can see if you open them in Affinity Designer, in each of them embedded File Y appears as expected.

I did not tick the 'Don't export layers hidden by Export persona' option, but I doubt that would make any difference.

All for export.pdf
All for web.pdf
All X-1a 2003.pdf
All X-4.pdf

Mhhh, what OS, are you using?

I tried again following your instructions but don't work yet :61_sob:

Now i'm tried on iMac of my friend and it works, So this is a bug

20 minutes ago, Matteo Maravalle said:

Mhhh, what OS, are you using?

It is shown in my signature below my posts: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7