You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

non-English Help availability during Beta

• Staff

Affects: US/FR/DE/ES Help systems

Hi,

Although the app is available in the above languages we keep to a policy of supplying UK English-only Help per build up to release date. In non-UK English Help you'll only see localized topics from the last MAS version only until updated UK English content is translated.

We have to do this for several reasons:

1) We develop Help in English as the primary language. 

2) Better focus on providing the most up to date and accurate help to you.

3) Developing across five Help systems per week would be extremely difficult. 

4) Our Help translation phase is synchronized across languages and occurs just before release.

5) The beta phase is an opportunity to improve software by listening to Beta tester's suggestions. As such the software could change significantly so this needs to settle before any worthwhile translation effort.    

For non-UK English Beta testers I obviously apologize if this causes a problem.

Regards

Andy Capstick

Affinity Documentation

• 5 months later...

I´ve had the trouble that although I´ve set my Apps to English and I´m very happy with that my system is set to german (and I don´t want to change that)

Maybe you can work something out to force set the help language to english as well? (if english is set to the main language)

I´d rather use an up to date english help. Not saying that the german help is particularly bad, I just prefer staying in one language and avoiding unnecessary mistakes.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo "Advanced Member",

du kannst einfach den folgenden Link zu den Lesezeichen von Safari hinzufügen:

für Affinity Designer Beta:

file://localhost/Applications/Affinity%20Designer%20Beta.app/Contents/Resources/AffinityDesigner.help/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/index.html

für Affinity Photo Beta

file://localhost/Applications/Affinity%20Photo%20Beta.app/Contents/Resources/AffinityPhoto.help/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/index.html

Der verweist auf den Index der englischen Hilfe im Programm-Paket.

Das hat auch den Vorteil, dass du die Hilfe zusätzlich öffnen kannst und die nicht den Blick auf das Programm verhindert.

Falls es nicht funktioniert, einfach dem Link im Dateisystem folgen und die Index.html manuell mit Safari öffnen.

--

Regards

Torsten

@ acapstick

We think, most of the testers already knew this, but why do we have a half “Status Bar” in the German Visual Reference and none in the english version?

Would be a great advantage not only for beginners, if the interactive Visual Reference would be much more detailed (including some Expressions informations), perhaps integrated in the app / as a link on the Welcome Screen. Perhaps as an animation.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.