You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reset picture to original ratio

The recent betas have introduced some very helpful features to control and to readout the size and scaling of pictures.

There is the 'Image DPI' and 'Image scale' dropdown on the image toolbar.
There is the zoom slider with its popup to display image scale.

There seems to be one thing missing: after I change the image's proportion there is no way to reset it to its original ratio (at least I didn't find it. I'm open for suggestions).
One workaround I have found is to select 'Frame Properties > Scale to Max Fit' (or 'Min Fit').
The '1:1' button in the 'Image scale' dropdown does not work. Is this perhaps a bug?

I would like to see something like 'Reset image to original ratio'.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

1 hour ago, dominik said:

I would like to see something like 'Reset image to original ratio'.

Select the image layer (not the frame) and see if double clicking on the middle bottom sizing dot helps. Seems to work here, I have been twisting and stretching the pictures and they pop back into proportion with that trick.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

25 minutes ago, haakoo said:

My option would be double clicking the slider/indicator to reset ratio
But here's the but,it reverts to midpoint every time you release the slider after an adjustment?
This doesn't seem right?

I see what you mean, I think the reasoning is so we can shrink or grow beyond the ends, 41% and 206% here for initial first shrink/grow.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

19 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Select the image layer (not the frame) and see if double clicking on the middle bottom sizing dot helps.

That seems to be working for me too, actually looks like any of the edge (not corner) sizing dots work, and the edge whose dot you double-click is the one that shrinks or expands as needed (the opposite edge stays anchored) to reset the ratio.