You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Evening all!

Sorry if this has been covered within another post - I have tried searching - but not found anything.

I'm completely new to Designer so getting to grips with everything.  Love it so far - just one question for now - with how to export.

I have created a design and want to save as a .jpg (say for putting on my website etc) - when I am in the export persona - and use the "export selected" option from within the panel area - it automatically exports as PNG.  To do anything else I need to go into the menu and choose the export dialog box - selecting JPG file from there.

Is the export panel set to auto export to PNG - and is there any way to change it?  Or - for my needs - am I best to export to JPG by going through the menu?

Thanks!

Hi rachjones0204,

and welcome! You can change the export file format using the Export Options panel. Pretty every file format is available here … see my screen shots. There’s also a good help topic in Help > Affinity Designer Help > Exporting.

If the Export Options panel is not already available in Export Persona, choose View > Studio > Export Options. Before exporting make sure to select your slice(s) in the slices list and adjust the export options for that (those) slice(s).

Hope that helps,

Alex  :)

post-1198-0-70547100-1429560078_thumb.png

post-1198-0-87741800-1429560082_thumb.png

rachjones0204,

I rarely do exports but when I do need to I just use File->Export from the menu of the Draw Persona.  Many less options but if you want to do the entire drawing...  So far it's given me all the options I have needed.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• 1 month later...