You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copying master page between documents

I would like to be able to copy a master page from one document to another. I've made a similar request previously about standard pages.

There are three ways this could be done in my mind:

1. Copy and paste
  2. Drag and drop
  3. Choose insert from page panel and select document to insert from

I don't really mind which but ideally all three would be an option in due course.

9 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

And what is so cumbersome to simply create a new master and copy the content onto it?

Yeah, why bother with copy and paste generally. Or for that matter, any kind of convenient feature. If you aren't suffering you aren't doing it properly.

15 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

Ok. Copy/Paste means „suffering" …

Im this case, I  hope, the Affinity will redeem you and give you the wanted feature – even if other, more impotent things may have to be postponed … :) :)

I think you very well know there is more to a master page than copy and paste-able content.

I treated your unhelpful reply with sarcasm.

There probably are more important things to address, some I would agree with. But each user has their own needs and I don’t think it is fair or polite to dismiss what I need as any less important than what you might consider important. 

You’ve a history of unhelpful and incorrect statements. I’d really rather you found something better to do than being a perpetual pain in the bum. 

2 hours ago, robinp said:

I think you very well know there is more to a master page than copy and paste-able content.

Yes, and most of that will be tied to the dimensions of a particular document and thus useless to try to copy across right now when Publisher does not support pages of differing sizes, a mix of facing and non-facing-page spreads, etc.

The grid and guides are probably the two additional things it would be useful to copy across based on the current feature set (or is there anything else I am missing?).

I would expect this to be more useful in general once some of those other capabilities show up.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.