What am I doing something wrong --- watched james's fft denoise video but I cannot get a similar window to his. My panel is very big --  just realizing that I do get large similar panels [blend range) most of the time  
How do I ''zoom in" as James puts it 
SS of my screen 
Cheers

denoise.jpg

You can enlarge the FFT Denoise window which I suppose give a pseudo zoom feel.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad2 iOS 9.35 B|  

Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials - Public Domain Images

6 hours ago, ianrb said:

How do I ''zoom in"

Zoom with your mouse wheel, trackpad or tablet.

Thanks for the the replies --- since posting I have had to reboot the computer as Affinity was crashing and now I can  enlarge the pop-up window with Ctrl + scroll; however I still only get one dot in the middle as in the screen shot. I cannot get the multiply dot as in the video or ''zoom out to get more dots'' . Have tried an older noisier file  / zoomed into image with no joy :(

My pop-up window still seems far larger than in the video  

The reason James has all of the points is because of the pattern that runs in the file, having less of those points means your image doesn't have enough of a noise pattern to remove. 

On Mac the Alt plus stroke back and forth on the Magic Mouse gives you zoom in and out.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad2 iOS 9.35 B|  

Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials - Public Domain Images

Run the FFT Denoise filter on this image to see the difference, because it has a regular pattern of noise the FFT Denoise filter will identify that regular pattern and create points in the FFT Denoise window.

moonlanding.png