You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wonky Drop Cap with baseline grid

See photos. The Drop cap setting is 3 lines in both. The only difference is when baseline alignment is on, the drop cap size behaves erratically. Baseline align off: everything works beautifully.

baselineon.jpg

baselineoff.jpg

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.

3 hours ago, Läppä said:

See photos. The Drop cap setting is 3 lines in both. The only difference is when baseline alignment is on, the drop cap size behaves erratically. Baseline align off: everything works beautifully....

Please see my workaround for using  baseline alignment on.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

Thanks. I thought we’d sorted Baseline Grid / Drop Cap (linked topic) - seems we need to take another look.

Seems to be a function of the width of the text frame which is triggering the 'thought to be gone' behaviour. Setting leading to 100% still seems to fix it. Before it was a location on the page height trigger. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.