hifred

Feedback on Tool Group Cycling with Shift

I'm traveling and away from my machine, but one thing came to my mind: From the various options available to hook up a protection from accidental tool change (by pressing Shift + tool-group shortcut) I believe one has now picked the one which forbids further Shift+Letter assignment, globally.

I could well live with this loss for single commands, but I and likely many Photoshop-trained users would find painful if you for that reason no longer considered default Shift+Letter assignments for extremely helpful - albeit not yet implemented tool behaviour changes.

What comes to my mind is Tool Flow control via keyboard. Photoshop uses exactly the same number key driven scheme as Affinity Photo to control tool opacity (4= 40%, typing 9 and 5 in quick succession gives 95% opacity). That works very well, but the same scheme in Photoshop is also available for Flow by pressing Shift and then typing letters. Gives fine grained control and requires minimal mental transfer.

It would be great if you left the door open for new factory-default assignments of Shift+Letter tool behaviour shift, via Shift key.

10 hours ago, hifred said:

-default assignments of Shift+Letter tool behaviour shift, via Shift key.

+1

Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135 & beta 1.7.0.293 Affinity Photo 1.6.5,.135 beta  1.7.0.293 Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png

Did you manage to map flow input to shift+number(s) in AP or is this a request?

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

Amature camera user, Adobe avoider. Still missing: HLS improvements, Raw development with sidecars, Gradient list in gradient layer/tool. Do want: Liquefy as Layer.

4 hours ago, TEcHNOpls said:

Did you manage to map flow input to shift+number(s) in AP or is this a request?

This has been requested a couple of times but is not available yet.
The reason of my post is an (optional) change of Grouped Tools behaviour which affects further assignment of Shift + Letters (Numbers).