When I zoom out the canvas in both AD and AP I get wavy lines when using the brush tool, not super noticeable but still annoying. But when I zoom in the canvas the lines don't seem to have this problemas. I also tested in Clip Studio but didn't get any wavyness. I use a Cintiq. Also I have been experiencing Lag.

Might be the usual behavior here for zoomed in/out drawing and raster portions, so to say everything that isn't at 100% zoom view. - Lag in terms of when using the Cintiq or in general no matter of that one?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.0 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.0 ◆ OSX El Capitan

1 minute ago, v_kyr said:

Might be the usual behavior here for zoomed in/out drawing and raster portions, so to say everything that isn't at 100% zoom view. - Lag in terms of when using the Cintiq or in general no matter of that one?

Lag In general

6 hours ago, v_kyr said:

On Windows or MacOS?

Sorry for the late answer, I'm running Windows. I have a laptop with Nvidia 960m Intel i7 6700 16gb Ram 120gb SSD 1tb HDD

2 minutes ago, MarioNightz said:

And i Just noticed that the further away I am from the canvas the laggier it gets, and when I am super zoomed in I get 0 lag

That could coincide with less detail onscreen at high zoom in levels over more detail at zoom out levels so the screen is resolving more detail? 

Just a thought 9_9

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr

7 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

That could coincide with less detail onscreen at high zoom in levels over more detail at zoom out levels so the screen is resolving more detail? 

Just a thought 9_9

But is there any fix, before I wasn't lagging at all

Hi MarioNightz,

Welcome to the forums :)

If you go into the apps preferences and under the performance tab change the  View Quality drop down to Nearest Neighbour does this prevent the lag?

Thanks

Callum

8 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi MarioNightz,

Welcome to the forums :)

If you go into the apps preferences and under the performance tab change the  View Quality drop down to Nearest Neighbour does this prevent the lag?

Thanks

Callum

I believe I could stop the lag, but I still get he problem of when I draw from a zoomed out view the lines get all weird. Here is a demo. I even used less resolution to see if that helped but no.

proof.png

I'm encountering this problem in AD and AP,  on Windows 10 as well (with Wacom Intuos Pro). It doesn't occur on my Mac at home, however. Would love to find a solution.