You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New here I don’t know anything about graphic design programs

Ok so I am try trying make my own screen print shirts. I have never used any Graphic design programs before. This is what I have so far but I need the letters to be   Transparent and the ellipse in the middle to also be Transparent.

image.jpg

• Staff

Hi 717,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
You have used two ellipse objects (one white on top and other black on bottom) to create the Mikey's ellipse section - to make it transparent you just have to subtract the smaller white one from the larger black one. To do this selected both ellipses (shift-click them on canvas) then click the Subtract button in the main toolbar. Same process to subtract the letters form ellipse.

subtract.png.e58d6f7d844b264f4c852c8a71a53f7d.png

1 hour ago, 717 said:

screen print shirts.

Why do you need anything to be transparent? If you are making posi film or making a cut out stencil I'd have thought the file you already have would be okay. But I've only got a tiny bit of screen printing know-how so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

11 minutes ago, 717 said:

What is shift click?

Hold the 'Shift' key on the keyboard while 'clicking' the mouse button.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.