You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designers still shows stroke when it is turned off

AD shows a very strange stroke when stroke is disabled. When I import the same document to Illustrator, the weird stroke is gone.

image.png.5a7c100ce41e320ee7b8597abcfcc8f4.png

AI:

image.png.196d7f9e30bd9bd17f9572311a81971c.png

Below is the exported PNG from AD and AI, zoomed to 100%. Resolution is 3k x 4k

image.thumb.png.c2d95ec5046eca82ea3f6123cf8e92c1.png

The issue here is that the PNG that i exported from AD shows a thick grey stroke ????

While AI shows a better representation of what I expect.

It's not a stroke, it's an effect of the antialiasing that is applied.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Meb replied to a post that had effect, this is the post and also the quote below.

I didn't noticed you have attached the file, thanks. As i said these issues should only be a problem at arbitrary zoom levels. Try set the zoom level to 100%, 400% or 1600% for example - does you still see the lines? Regarding the pt unit, no issues here just change the document size to integer values, in this case to 639 x 906 pt (click the padlock icon to unlock it so you can edit both values without Affinity recalculating the height when you change the width). Currently it's set to 639,8 x 905,4 pt. If you can't see the decimal parts/values go to Affinity Preferences, User Interface section and increase the Pixels value (to 3 for example) in Decimal Places for Unit Types section. After adjusting the document size export the file to PNG (or other format you may prefer) and check it. The files/gaps shouldn't appear in the exported file. There's no need to adjust the Coverage Map for this.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi CCal,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

CCal, firstdefence,
My reply on the other thread (quoted above) is only applicable to objects that can be aligned to the axis of the pixel grid (vertical/horizontal). For diagonals (and circles/curves, non-geometric shapes etc) like the example posted by the OP only the coverage map (or other methods - overlapping the shapes a little bit, adding thin strokes with the same colour as the fill etc) can fix the white bleeding through the edges of the objects. So the method described by @firstdefence here (coverage map) is the easiest way to fix the issue in this case.