You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

adding/opening jpg files not working

Im sure its a minor trick but the program will not allow me to upload jpg files for editing?

Kinda basic I'd think but attachment shows the error message Im getting.

Thanks for help with this

FYI im on trial with this program and soon to buy. It looks awesome thus far other than this issue

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 10.51.58 AM.png

Does other software can showup and open that JPG file? Also are the file access permissions r/w there set for that desktop location?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

2 hours ago, Vern F said:

Im sure its a minor trick but the program will not allow me to upload jpg files for editing?

Kinda basic I'd think but attachment shows the error message Im getting.

Thanks for help with this

FYI im on trial with this program and soon to buy. It looks awesome thus far other than this issue

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 10.51.58 AM.png

Can you upload the file here for others to try?

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

If PS can open that file from that location, then it might be that APh has due to the spaces in the folder and file names has a problem here. - I some times have the oposite that PSE doesn't open certain from the internet saved JPG files but other software like IrfanView for example can on Win.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Thanks for responding v-kyr i am still fighting this problem. My trial is about over. to explain further my issue, if i drag an image out of my download folder and put it on my desktop affinity will not accept the image because the file name includes so much extra words. I can add the file to iphoto but low and behold when i try to open the file in affinity it retains the long name. There must be some solution for this. I bring images all the time like this into movavi video editor no problem. example of this file name attached. Not sure how else to store the file prior to trying to open in afp? 

Help

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 3.27.31 PM.png

20 minutes ago, Vern F said:

Thanks for responding v-kyr i am still fighting this problem.

The fact that the upload attempts to this forum also failed suggests that something else might be going on with the file(s).

Can you upload one or two to dropbox (or another file hosting site) and post a link here so we can take a look at them?

4 minutes ago, JimmyJack said:

The fact that the upload attempts to this forum also failed suggests that something else might be going on with the file(s).

Can you upload one or two to dropbox (or another file hosting site) and post a link here so we can take a look at them?

this is what I got from the forum when I tried to up;load to my public folder in dropbox:-(

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 3.52.06 PM.png

You can also try to open with some app which supports to open these JPGs and "resave" ("save as") under a different file name to a folder like downloads. And afterwards see/try if that new saved one maybe can be opened then.

21 minutes ago, JimmyJack said:

I now see the lighting distortion from the sun is aweful. I really need to reshoot these anyway. so to fix my image uploads in the future downloading from my phone or camera what method do you recommend to be the cleanest approach?

Just now, Vern F said:

I now see the lighting distortion from the sun is aweful. I really need to reshoot these anyway. so to fix my image uploads in the future downloading from my phone or camera what method do you recommend to be the cleanest approach?

Boy, I don't know. We still really haven't identified what the actual problem is.

What kind of phone/camera?