You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

From Art Text to Move Tool

A few years ago I mentioned this problem but cannot find that thread now so I'll mention it again. I use my own shortcuts in AD to move quickly from one tool to another (keys near my left hand). These work very well except for this below.

I use the convenient "s" for the Move tool and "d" for the Node tool, the same on handle of the pen for my Wacon board. After working with the Frame Text tool I click outside the text box with my Wacom pen or mouse and immediately I can go back to the Move or the Node tool via my shortcuts.  However, after working inside an Art text I must be very careful. Clicking outside the text often results in creating a new Art text,, and inside the text is the "s" or the "d" of  my shortcut. Sometimes, however, the shortcut works, and I'm on my way.

After many tries (going slowly or quickly, etc.) to discover what I'm doing differently each time, I find no consistent difference. Is there any thing you could do to make the transition fool proof? If not, what consistent method of getting out of the Art text mode would you suggest, short of going to the Toolbox and choosing a different tool, which is a real drag that I resist?

4 hours ago, Jim Monson said:

but cannot find that thread

Is not this?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 2 weeks later...