ronnyb

Changing the page/rulers origin

It would be great to be able to toggle between the current behavior and the "traditional" behavior of the rulers while changing the page origin. Sometimes I wish to move the page origin a specific amount, and that's not possible with the current behavior as the rulers also shift with the page origin as one drags. If we could leave the current ruler positions until AFTER letting go of the mouse, one can move the origin a specific amount relative to the current ruler measurements.

Thanks for your consideration and phenomenal update!

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

While you're waiting for that, you could set guides where you want to place the new origin, set it, and then delete the guides.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

16 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

While you're waiting for that, you could set guides where you want to place the new origin, set it, and then delete the guides.

Yes that’s what I’ve been doing...

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra