You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

transition from develop to photo persona

This issue has been persistent with the 107 beta on my computer.  Was interested if this is a bug or if it might be my computer?  Watch for the red flash just before it settles in Photo Persona.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB

Radeon Pro 455 2048 MB, Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Hi MEB

Haven't had time today to do much but what I did do was run this issue on my older iMac that does not have Metal compute acceleration.  The same issue occurred.  I have a Sony a7r III and am wondering if it has something to do with the images from that camera or perhaps a lens.  I will try the same thing with images from a Sony a7r and take a look at what lenses were being used to create the images.  Will get back to you after some investigation.  Will attach the RAW files at that time.  

Hi MEB

I have tried images from 3 different Sony cameras (a6300, a7r, a7rIII).  There was always a flash from all cameras but with the Sony a7rIII is red.  Looks almost like a mask.  

I have attached two images with the red flash.  The following is with a Sony G lens

DSC09092.ARW

The image with the 100-400 GM lens.  Develop Assistant, Lens correction applied.  Remove lens vignette applied does nothing.  There is a very harsh vignetting that I can't explain (shot it with 'shade' ) and can't be removed.

DSC09262.ARW

All images from the same lens don't have the vignetting.  Is there an explanation. Is this lens supported yet?  

This is not a Metal issue as the issue occurs on my

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

3.4 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 1600 MHz DDr3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2018 MB.

Non-retina display, Metal acceleration not highlighted in the preferences.  

I am still running macOS High Sierra on both computers.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.