You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can not open crashed file

I have created a file that crashed when i tried to apply a text style to an imported text. Unfortunately I saved the file exactly before this operation and now publisher is not able to open the file again, whether with the actual version 1.7.0.192 nor a earlier. The file was firstly created in the previous version and did work in the new version 1.7.0.192 too. Everything worked fine till I pasted the text...

Does anybody have an idea what to do in order to be able to reopen the file? I have attached the file, if anybody would like to make a try.

Many thanks in advance.

crashed file.afpub

I can not open your .afpub: both versions 174 and 192 crash immediately.
(p.s .: on double-click your .afpub tries to open here in v.174, not 192)

Work around: have it in local snapshot timemachine backup?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Any reason for not even local snapshots?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204015  – "Your Time Machine backup disk might not always be available, so Time Machine also stores some of its backups on your Mac. These backups are called local snapshots. (...) Time Machine saves one snapshot of your startup disk approximately every hour, and keeps it for 24 hours."

On 12/1/2018 at 6:21 PM, fluffy sheep said:

Unfortunately i did not make any backup in the past days...

On 12/1/2018 at 5:07 PM, thomaso said:

have it in local snapshot timemachine backup?

On 12/3/2018 at 9:20 AM, fluffy sheep said:

I do not use Time Machine, because I make my backups manually.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:21 PM, fluffy sheep said:

Unfortunately i did not make any backup in the past days... 

On 12/9/2018 at 4:30 AM, thomaso said:

?? I did only ask, if somebody knew a solution for the crashed file. Respectively I hoped that the developers would find a fix for such problem for the full release. I really do not need your knowing better how to manage my work. Please answer the question, in case you have something productive to share, or take care of something else.

@fluffy sheep, pardon me, you're right. It was by no means my intention to offend you by criticizing a way of working.

After your mention of "save" in your initial post it was rather meant to be a productive hint as to how such a situation might be avoided. That you wrote later to "make backups manually" sounds simply unnecessary risky to me since my experience with local snapshots via timemachine is just smooth and simple.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.