Hi

Apologies if this has been sorted elsewhere, probably very easy to sort out too.

No idea what I've managed to do here but how on earth do I get my text back to normal, i.e. horizontal!!

Quite bizarre as happens on both machines I'm using Publisher on

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 16.04.31.png

Hi Sttomas,

Welcome to the forums :)

If possible could you send me the file in question for this issue?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

6 hours ago, sttomas said:

Here's a page of a bit of text.  I've created a new text box on there, as you can see it's vertical.  No idea how this happened, I've looked at everything I can think of

Sample page.afpub

Opening that in Publisher, and looking at the Text Frame studio/panel (View > Studio > Text Frame) it appears that you have that text frame setup to have 1 column (correct) which is 0mm wide (incorrect). Increasing the width seems to fix your problem. (Edit: I'm not sure why the text frame appears to be as wide as it does on the page. When I make any change to the width in the Text Frame studio/panel the bounding box of the frame changes appropriately to reflect that changed width value.)

0mm.png.5e785591628f7368a07f2bee259f68e2.png

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.651 Beta.

Ah brilliant, that has indeed solved it.  I just upped the width to 1mm and suddenly it became 'interactive' again.  Not sure how it got set to 0mm but doesn't seem to interact if it's set to that.  Something to keep in mind

Thanks for your help.