You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Plugins and AP UPDATE?????

@Friksel
I am PROFESSIONAL. I am making living designing since Photoshop 3 or 4 came out (I don't really remember exactly). And I moved from PS to Affinity completely, working on it daily. What kind of PROFESSIONAL cant deal with some minor bugs? (what exactly is the deal with "not working outline/stroke? Because I am using it all the time so I didnt noticed :P). When I was using PS many times updates introduced bugs that were far worse. I still remember the time when I could not write any damn text in Photoshop for a FEW MONTHS because "leading industry standard" Adobe f...ed up and didn't fixed text tool till next update.
Did you even read the changes in 1.7? Its a LOT of work, massive improvements. Do you realize level of integration between Affinity software as compared to Adobe software? Cant you see that whatever is fixed in one software is also fixed/added to the other? Go on, open Illustrator file in Photoshop and you will have half of it rasterized to hell. Do the same with Designer file in Photo. Hard to spot a difference. In fact once I didnt and I kept working in Photo, being surprised I cant find tools that were in Designer :DHow you dont appreciate this is beyond me.

Frankly the more I read your post the more disgusted I am. Maybe you cant design and that's the problem? Maybe you need to be fed with pre-chewed, colorful gimmicks Adobe is serving. I would happily admit if Affinity team was doing nothing and I was getting a bit worry when for extended time I haven't seen any betas. But after what we saw is being made with 1.7 saying that they dont do enough is simply stupid. Yes I said that. I displaced somewhere my "Politically Correct Dictionary", so bear with me.

I just... Once again I don't know how people working at Affinity keep their cool reading what people like "ow-so-big-PRO-Friksel" writes. For crying out loud, we are talking about version 1.6 maybe 1.7 if you count beta of software. Photoshop is at release number 20 (!) now. Give it TIME, mr PRO. Use your PRO head instead of getting all dramatic. Nobody is BETRAYING you (maybe apart from common sense that seems to be on vacation judging by your outrage).
You had betas, you had trials, you knew what you are purchasing. If for some reason you cant use it, you feel like it isnt enough for your PRO needs then look for something else. Probably great Photoshop with ultra useful 3D printing, fantastic movie editing and deep fried cloud integration (the best part, right? So PRO) will do. Or maybe you are not enough PROFESSIONAL and instead of playing with ideas you want software with magic button. What a guy..

--------
I am sorry Affinity and community if my post sounds hostile. It isn't half as hostile as original, but tried to keep my nerves in line . I am not good at passive-aggressive I suppose. The "passive" part specifically. But I have the same condition George Carlin suffered from - I was diagnosed with "very low tolerance level for stupid BS". So forgive me. Cant react differently when I read what those folks at Affinity were busy with (when reading 1.7 changes list) and then I hear some pRO whining that too little is being done... -____-

Feel free to delete that post if it is breaking any rules of modern, delicate human interaction. I missed the briefing of what is considered offensive this week. I was on sick leave this day.

8 minutes ago, nezumi said:

Do you realize level of integration between Affinity software as compared to Adobe software?

I suspect a lot of users do not give that much thought, nor to how many years it took Adobe to add what many now think of as "essential" or "basic" features to their products.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Yeah, I guess so. If I had to point out single feature of Affinity software that makes it different from whatever is out there would be that unmatched integration. Really astonishing level of it. Also - things like pixel persona in designer. Such a time saver. No need to jump to other software for some simple bitmap manipulation. Or something like this - do people even see difference in file sizes? I just made the test. SAME vector drawing, one color, same size. Saved as default settings AI file from Illustrator takes 2.10MB of disk space. Saved from Affinity Designer - 417KB. MASSIVE difference. And that's just quick, small sample. Size difference is giant when you have real work, multi-page, big files to deal with. Make your own tests - you'll see. I don't even know how guys at Affinity achieve it. So many things that Affinity deserves to be praised for man, but people are more likely to just look at some colorful Adobe presentation where pretty lady is saying "OH, thats AMAZING, right?!" on the scene... Ehhh... Pros... ;)

• 3 months later...

Coming from Sketch, the most important plugin for me was Runner.

I can live without additional plugins for batch processing for AD.

But if AD gains SketchRunner features(even only in the desktop version), it would be a godsend! No more fiddling around in the menus.