Hi, team.

On attached screenshot you can see word "HIERARCHY" with diagonal line on top. Tell me, please, how i can split "HIERARCHY" word by this diagonal line?

Best, 

Andrew.

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 4.41.43 PM.png

Select the backslash and alter the baseline an vertical scale

Character baseline.jpg

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123

Windows 10 / 64 bit processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics  1.50GHz - RAM 8,00 GB
Calibrated Monitor (Datacolor Spyder5Pro)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+HubertVandenBorre
https://www.youtube.com/c/HubertVandenBorre
https://unsplash.com/@trebhu

If this is going on a white or solid coloured background, you can just colour the stroke to the colour of the background.

1518502969_ScreenShot.png.32db927c13488929643bda12d4c31395.png

If you want this to be a able to go onto gradient or textured backgrounds you can convert the text to curves create two strokes and boolean subtract each stroke from each letter using
Layer > Geometry > Subtract

Forgot to add you need to expand the strokes of the dividing line using Layer > Expand Stroke

1778000267_ScreenShot1.png.a6deac8c976e84542a8f3e02eab0ed01.png

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-12, - iPad2 iOS 9.35 B|  Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials - Public Domain Images

2 minutes ago, HVDB Photography said:

Select the backslash and alter the baseline an vertical scale

Character baseline.jpg

Thanks, mate. But you got me wrong. I mean how i slice this word by this line.

I know of one way, I don't know if there are better ways...
1. Create the text;
2. Layer -> Convert to curves;
3. Layer -> Ungroup;
4. Layer -> Expand stroke;
5. Create the line;
6. Give the line a small stroke width;
7. Layer -> Expand stroke;
8. Duplicate the expanded-stroke line;
9. Change the fill colour of the expanded stroke line (makes later steps easier);
Repeat steps 8 & 9 if you need to cut through more than two letters (e.g total of three lines for three letters).
10. De-select everything;
11. Select a letter to cut;
12. Shift+Select a line (any will do);
13. Layer -> Geometry -> Divide;
14. Locate and delete all the bits of the now divided line (easier to do when they're coloured differently).
After dividing the letter you might get the situation where a hole in the letter has become filled. In these cases, select both the letter and 'hole' and use the Layer -> Geometry -> Subtract function to remove the hole.
Repeat steps 10-14 for each extra letter to be cut.

There could be quicker methods but it's not much work to do for a one-off.

split.PNG

I don't think Designer can work quite that way yet but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.
Have you tried the method I posted a few minutes ago? It's a bit long but it works.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-12, - iPad2 iOS 9.35 B|  Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials - Public Domain Images

The Affinity Designer roadmap includes a Knife Tool - in the Illustration & Design section - so that might be something that's coming soon. (I didn't read the 73 pages of replies to find out any more info'.)
@firstdefence Thanks for posting that video; always good to get another method/feature to try out.

12 minutes ago, GarryP said:

The Affinity Designer roadmap includes a Knife Tool - in the Illustration & Design section - so that might be something that's coming soon. (I didn't read the 73 pages of replies to find out any more info'.)
@firstdefence Thanks for posting that video; always good to get another method/feature to try out.

Thanks for your research, mate! Glad to read this information but this info from 2014 as i can see and still nothing about this Knife Tool :) Somebody asked the same question about Knife Tool a week ago.

You're welcome.
Some of the geometry tools already basically do what I would expect from a Knife Tool - Subtract and Divide can both 'cut' through shapes - so fingers crossed for something in 1.7. (In the meantime, I like the method that firstdefence posted.)