You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Showing the DPI of a file in Affinity Photo? How do you do this?

This is a super basic one, but it is alluding me.

I have hunted all over the place looking for a simple indication of the DPI of an image that I have open in AP.

I CAN NOT find where this info is.

It should be in the Info window. It isnt.

It should be in the Change Document Size window. It isnt. (What that dialog box shows you is the dpi value you changed your last image to or what you want to change it to. NOT what it currently is.)

This is a crazy omission. I can only hope I am simply missing where it actually is.

This whole quest was kicked off by trying to change the dpi of a folder of images using the New Batch Job dialog window.

That function is not built into the UI. So I created a custom macro in AP to do it (being careful to not select to Resample the image in the step of reassigning the 72 dpi size)

I added this custom macro to the macros being performed on the images in the New Batch Job.

This did the trick.

But still, there is no way to check the DPI of the file within AP. I have to resort to viewing the files in Adobe Bridge which clearly shows every bit of info imaginable on said file, including the dpi.

Ridiculous you may say?

Yes. Ridiculous.

Please tell me I am simply missing something.

With the Move Tool selected, and the Background layer selected in the Layers panel, look in the Context Menu:

image.png.03951ad5507ee9d1850a1d10479a5e86.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1