Adding points to a path is quite easy in Affinity Designer, but removing them can be quite tedious. Even cursory removal of unnecessary nodes would really be helpful. 

You can tap any node a tap the little bin symbol at lower left of screen to delete a node. Quite easy really.

Are you suggesting selecting multiple nodes?....

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Removal of unnecessary nodes to a path can  require selecting a whole bunch of discontinuous nodes. This is quite tedious (on the iPad, selection can also result in inadvertently selecting the control handle instead of a node, specially when they are close to each other). An automated removal would be helpful.

Also the way Affinity handles deleting nodes is also makes the select and delete method a bit unintuitive.

The default action for deleting a node/nodes in affinity leaves the control handles of the remaining nodes unchanged, the shape is not maintained.

Apps such as Corel Draw automatically try to re-adjust the remaining control handles to maintain the original shape of the line. Affinity does this too, but requires you to hold the OPTION modifier to activate this feature.  I'm not sure if this action was carried over into the iPad version (unfortunately, I've been eagerly awaiting the release of the new iPad so i can get into it).

I have a feature request in to add an option to select which default action the delete key performs (default to either compensation or no-compensation), but I haven't heard anything about it.

836859007_deletenodes.thumb.jpg.57825bc0db0d34bb1a77e4893efde077.jpg