You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyphenation settings bug with framed text

Hello,

I found a little bug in hyphenation settings parameters, just follow these steps:

- create a frame text box

- insert a long text (will be a few pages)

- use Auto text-flow for more pages

- select Move tool (pointer)

- click anywhere on page, but no in text frame

- one click on text frame and see hyphenation settings on right side toolbox. Parameters is inactives

- click a text frame on next page, hyphenation parameters will active.

- click back to previous text frame, hyphenation parameters active yet

- click to outside from text frame, and one click to text frame again, and hyphenation parameters inactive again.

And a second problem: when I clicked on text frame, and change hyphenation parameters, this not apply to all pages, but we used auto-flow text frames, and connections is there... Need select all text with text tool, and change hyphenation parameter after selection.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:59 PM, mykee said:

And a second problem: when I clicked on text frame, and change hyphenation parameters, this not apply to all pages, but we used auto-flow text frames, and connections is there... Need select all text with text tool, and change hyphenation parameter after selection.

just click anywhere inside the text frame and press ctrl+a, than turn on hyphenation - text will be hyphenated on all pages made by auto text flow and parameters will be adjustable

Dell Precision T7910, 2x Xeon E5-2630v3, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro K6000, Dell UP2716D, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO
Dell Precision T3640, Xeon W1290, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro RTX 5000, Eizo CG319X, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO FWS
-----

Graphic software: Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher - Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat - Zoner Photo Studio - Topaz Gigapixel Ai, Denoise Ai, Sharpen Ai

It's ok, but working is not logical. At first when I select frame, I can check hyphenation, and working all parameters, and hyphenation is working too. But when used hyphenation, parameters not working, but is checkbox selected?

I think checkbox is selected, then parameters will enabled. 

And when I select a linked frame, not text, and change hyphenation, then apply to ALL text in frames, but if I double click to text, and select a paragraph or text (inside frame), then can I set to only that's hyphenation parameters.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.