You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A lots features can't work but I don't know why...

I have a lot of question about Publisher.

Question 1

insert page number can't work.

Question 2

Can't change the borders of table.

Question 3

Can't insert table of contents.

1069498180_tableinsertcontent.thumb.jpg.62c5157776ab68aa4916cbd323adc05d.jpg

I can use this features when I open a new doc but it's still weird why it can't work successfully?

p.s.And the attachment is my AP file.

Thanks for any suggestion.

publisher.afpub

TOC:
Have you got a cursor in the box? if you select the text box that is not enough you need to double click the box to get the flashing cursor, you should be able to create a TOC on your heading1 and heading2

Page Numbers: 
Page numbers are actually power fields as they dynamically update. For more advanced users, fields can be controlled via the Fields panel.

To add page numbering:

• On the Pages panel, select a master page from the Master Page window.
  • Create a text frame to place your page number field and optionally extra header/footer text.
  • From the Text Menu, select Insert>Page Number.

To change page numbering style:

• On the Pages panel, select Section Manager.
  • From the Number style pop-up menu, choose from various standard numbering schemes such as Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3), upper/lowercase Roman (I, II, III, i, ii, iii), alphabetic letters (A, B, C, a, b, c) and more.

Table Borders: "What exactly do you want to achieve?"

Take a look at the Frame options in the Table Panel.

Table panel

The Table panel allows you to adjust the formatting of individual tables within your document.

About the Table panel

From the Table panel, you can set up the formatting of your table.

This panel is hidden by default. It can be switched on via View>Studio.

Options

The following panel options are available:

Frame

• Fill—click the colour swatch to display a pop-up panel to update the table's fill colour.
  • Frame Stroke Fill—click the colour swatch to display a pop-up panel to update stroke colour.
  • Frame Stroke—click to display a pop-up dialog allowing you to apply additional stroke style options to the table frame.
  • Insets—specify the inside margins of your table cells.
  •  Link—when enabled, the inset values are adjusted in proportion to each other, maintaining the current aspect ratio. When deselected, they can be adjusted independently.

Stroke and Fill

• Fill—click the colour swatch to display a pop-up panel to update the selected cell fill colour.
  • Border—Specify which cell border(s) you would like to format.
  • Cell Stroke Fill—click the colour swatch to display a pop-up panel to update the cell border stroke colour.
  • Cell Stroke—click to display a pop-up dialog allowing you to apply additional stroke style options to the cell border(s).

Cell

• Width—adjusts the cell's width.
  • Height—adjust's the cell's height.
  • Insets—specify the inside margins of your table cells.
  •  Link—when enabled, the inset values are adjusted in proportion to each other, maintaining the current aspect ratio. When deselected, they can be adjusted independently.

Vertical Alignment

• Top Align—sets the cell text alignment to adhere to the top margin.
  • Centre Align—sets the cell text alignment to be equidistant from the top and bottom margins.
  • Bottom Align—sets the cell text alignment to adhere to the bottom margin.
  • Justify—sets the cell text alignment to both the top and bottom margins.

Rotation

• Rotate 0 degrees—(default) leaves the selection unrotated. If a selection has previously been rotated, clicking this will revert it to an unrotated state.
  • Rotate 90 degrees—rotates the selection 90 degrees clockwise.
  • Rotate 180 degrees—rotates the selection 180 degrees clockwise.
  • Rotate 270 degrees—rotates the selection 270 degrees clockwise.

Screen shot shows edited table borders and frame, Page numbers, and TOC based on heading1
331918347_ScreenShot2018-10-02at08_06_17.thumb.png.5922826281028beaa08cf149dd31c91e.png

publisher edited.afpub saved with history

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions