You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed line nearly invisible

Nowhere found the setting to adjust the colour for the bleed line, which is bearly visible or not visible depending on the colour of the workspace. At first I thought the line is not there at all, but finally found it - see attached image. Why not make it red, green or blue? Is there any reason, why the bleed cannot be enabled, when you create a new document? Opening the document setup after creating a new document is an extra step.

apub-bleed.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I think the adjustment in the Edit, Preferences, User Interface, Background Grey Level helps here. The problem seems to be that the bleed line is set to a light grey so a background of very light or very dark makes it visible but a background of mid grey makes it very hard to see. It would be better if it was a colour rather than grey, and probably thicker as well. There is a similar issue in some dialogue boxes. For example the transform panel has a very thin pale blue border round the selected box which makes it okay with the Dark setting but not with the Light setting. Again it could do with being a bit thicker as well.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM