You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Edit master page

You can create margins for a master page by right clicking, Spread properties. margins. But I don't think they get transferred to pages which have been assigned that master. I don't know if that is a bug or by design. Any page(s) can be given margins by selecting them in the pages panel, then right click, spread properties, margins.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Thanks for your comment. First point - Now on version 133 (was on 128 previously). Yes, I can create margins and now know to go to spread properties. If I 'apply master' to a thumbnail page, I can see the margins on that page (provided 'view margins' is ticked on the drop down menu from 'view'). If I then change the margins on the master and 'apply master' onto that (thumbnail) same page, the changed margins do appear on the page and have changed - I'm not sure this happened this way on the previous version, but that's irrelevant now. Interestingly, If you double click on the thumbnail page, the margins are reset to zero on all pages to which that master has been applied , therefore they don't appear, because they no longer exist. You can get them back again by re-applying the master, but what a pain if you accidentally double click on a thumbnail page. I hope I have explained all that clearly?!

I'm pretty sure master page margins aren't transferring on to tagged pages. Strange. I'm using version 133. I don't find that double clicking page thumbnails has any effect other than selecting and displaying them in the main window. Margins don't change. Are you Mac or Windows?

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

I see that I'm not the only one experiencing a master page's margins not transferring to pages assigned that master page.

I'm running Public Beta v1.7.0.133 under Windows 10 (64-bit).

What I do: Document design/typesetting; Stock photo images; Digital art | Apps I use: Publisher, Photo, Designer | My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U; 16.0GB RAM; Win 10 Home (21H2)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.