You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Editing Problems

I thought it was a good idea to actually do some serious editing the way I would do it in PPlus. In PP I would usually do my editing in WritePlus.
Several rather irritating events happened when I tried to insert or delete characters.
I needed to change hyphens for N dashes, I would normally highlight the hyphen and chose an M dash from the Character Map and CTRL V it. This (highlighting an area), seems to activate the circle cursor that seems to mean that I have acquired a new layer mask and a circle cursor which I then have to CTRL Z to get rid of it. This is sometimes the response I get afer I delete a few characters as well.
There was one point in the text where I wanted to insert a comma into a blank space and I got a Split Screen instead that couldn't be undone with a CTRL Z.
I think these points were inportant enough to be regarded as bugs.

Further to the above post,  at one time I pressed CTRL Z and the whole of the text locked up. I managed to undo this but I can't recall how I did it. Also at one occasion I attempted to insert a text cursor into the text and the cursor was changed into a pencil tool.

I noticed that before I used the Undo by going to the Edit menu it read "undo set current text".

I tried to use a small caps font but couldn't find a way of doing it so I assumed it wasn't available up to now, I do use it occasionally.

Hi @jrkay,

In your first post, you seems to do keyboard shortcut instead of typing text because you didn't "click in the text" and only selected a frame. Hit again the coma key to avoid the split mode.
Try to be in text mode, clicking in the text and having a cursor displayed (you should be able to select some text).

You can find small caps option in the Character panel > Typography > Small Caps
or in a Character Style > Capitals (at the bottom)

You can find small caps option in the Character panel > Typography > Small Caps
or in a Character Style > Capitals (at the bottom)

Just be aware there seems to be an issue with some of the options in the Character style > Capitals section. Some seem to work, but at least a couple don't. I've already reported it as a bug here: 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.