Jump to content

kazrbutler

Members
  • Content Count

    58
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About kazrbutler

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I was hopeful it was only a few copies. The cellophane for mine had 2 barcode labels: one for German editing covered up by a label for the English edition. I reported my copy on receipt, as well as the barcode issue and have already had notification of the replacement. So a short delay before I receive my copy, but I know it will be worth the wait.
  2. I've tried the same thing. Even though not visible, the frame is in the assets panel. If you know where it is, you can hover the pointer over it and the asset name will appear (in my case frame text). You can also select it and add it to a document. So it is usable, just not visible. I've one asset which is very feint on a dark user interface, which is much more obvious on a light user interface. Changing user interface makes no difference to a frame asset. Depending on how you are using the text frame, there are 2 options. 1. If you have more than one asset, rearranging so the
  3. It's also worth double checking the master pages used in the document for overflow.
  4. Hi @Dan C, I've had another chance to work on the project this issue was encountered in today and thought it might be useful to share experiences. Having read something relating to settings elsewhere in the forums, I tried exporting SVGs for in Print. For some of the diagrams, the issue with flattening when using the images in publisher was resolved. For the final 2 diagrams, which have more layers, there were still some issues - though fewer than with previous export settings. I've resorted to jpegs this time, which appear to be absolutely fine.
  5. Thanks @Dan C I'll use work arounds in the meantime. It appears I used jpegs with the last batch of diagrams I made, for use in Page Plus.
  6. Thanks @Wosven I'll take a look at the files tomorrow when I'm back at my desk. You've explained the issue with the design file and the art board. I can adjust the artboard and add another layer to mask the outer area. I've been producing similar diagrams in Designer for a while which have been used in PagePlus, and I find the frame helps me ensure good placement of elements, so it's better if the frame is part of the diagram. But why is there a problem with the SVG files?
  7. I've a series of diagrams I have produced in a single Designer file, on separate artboards. The diagrams are related in a series, so it is easier to produce them in sequence. I am however having difficulties adding them to a Publisher document using the picture insert tool. I've attached one of the designer files and corresponding svg files in the hope someone has an idea what is going wrong. If I save a Designer file for each individual diagram, the diagrams are on the whole as I would expect, except I am experiencing an issue with items outside the artboard being visible. If I exp
  8. Thanks @Jon P I've just uploaded the file. The image I've had issues with is on page 5.
  9. I saved the file before I continued with my next steps but where do I upload it so only staff can see it?
  10. I am using Publisher 1.7.1.404 on my PC and have encountered an issue on more than one occasion. At first, I thought it was me, but it is possible it is a bug. I have an svg image which I added to a text frame using the picture placement tool. All goes well, until I decide I need to adjust the picture size due to a change in the space available as a result of edits made to previous text. No matter what I do, I cannot reposition, resize or delete the image. In the end, I end up deleting the master on the page to remove the image, and then replacing the master, linking up the text fra
  11. Possibly does save time, but only if you have located the typo in the document. I often use Find and Replace for items where I need to check I have used the same spelling, capitalisation etc, or where I know I am likely to have misspelt. It saves me a lot of effort locating issues, and then I can proof read for less predicable errors. And while I can't predict all permutations, based on the documents I work on, I can predict certain things are likely to be an issue. For instance, I can usually predict that if the abbreviation cdd is used in a knitting pattern, there will be a mix of CDD a
  12. Two photos added, as taken from my phone camera: One Plus A6013.
  13. Yes, and it will also work on the masterpages. So it was my memory that was at issue, as I spent most of my time adjusting items on the master pages once I'd changed the page sizes.
  14. There is always find and replace. You can use spaces, making it possible to avoid selecting longer words containing a particular letter combination.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.