GarryP

Request for advice on spacings in paragraph styles for bulleted lists

I have some text formatted with paragraph styles as shown in the attached image.
I would prefer the bulleted text to not have spacing between each paragraph (so that it takes up less space).

I might have been tempted to have two styles - Bullet First Line (with spacing), Bullet Subsequent Lines (without spacing) - but that seems wrong in 2018. (It's what I have done in other software.)

Can anyone advise on a good way to do what I want?

bullet paragraph spacing.jpg

I tried that and nothing happens.
When I go back into the style, the option I checked has gone back to a little white box.
See attached GIF.
Am I doing something wrong?

bullet styles.gif

Seems to work ticking the "Ignore space for same styles" box in the Paragraph Panel, but not in the Text Styles > Edit Text Style dialogue.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

Is this on Windows? When you change the box, do the Style settings change to include Ignore space for same styles: On? If not, then it sounds like the dialog isn't setting the flag. You may be able to set it on the paragraph and then update the style from the paragraph.

Yep this is Windows.

You are spot on: the check box changes but the Style Settings box doesn't change - the flag isn't being set.

And your proposed workaround works!

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)