You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Best way to replicate Photoshop Mixer Brush

Hi,

I spent several hours last night trying to use Affinity for semi-high end retouching after hitting a brick wall using the paint mixer brush.

Then I found this thread and spent several hours more trying every different instruction contained within this thread. I dont think the people offering advice fully understand the needs of a retoucher.

In my opinion, there is no Affinity alternative to the Adobe Mixer Brush Tool when used for the last stages of high-end retouching (the bit that other filters arent so good at).

The adobe brush acts like a clone of colour and texture, and with good brush technique, smooths out those last difficult to remove imperfections; Affinity does not, no matter how the settings are configured. The nearest option is to use the clone stamp tool, which is more complicated and time consuming to use and with inferior results.

Might it be possible to improve the pain mixer brush to follow the Adobe mixer brush tool to allow Affinity to excel for retouching?

Other than that, I dont regret purchasing Affinity, it is a great product, and I am delighted with it. But it's a shame I can't do the whole level of retouching I would like.

Edited by eithiszo5675

8 hours ago, eithiszo5675 said:

The adobe brush acts like a clone of colour and texture, and with good brush technique, smooths out those last difficult to remove imperfections

Are there any good video tutorials showing this technique being used to retouch in PS?

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 4:20 PM, Julia04 said:

has anything changed since the beginning of this thread?

that depends on what you're looking for, the thread changed direction a couple of times from what I could tell, from no brush auto cleaning to Affinity Photo lacking a paint mixer brush that mimics a clone brush but with a static source, I wouldn't mind knowing how that is done in Photoshop myself, it would make infinite number of fun brushes for digital painting.

the auto cleaning part is addressed by one of the earlier posters towards the end of page 1, but not the clone brush with static source, unfortunately.

• 3 months later...