I'd love to have a command that splits a multi-column text frame into individual linked text frames, one for each column, so that individual columns can then be manipulated individually.

It's usually a process of "create guide at column edges – resize frame to one column – set column count to one – create text frame for all additional columns – link all columns", but doing it the manual way gets even more complicated if the original text frame was, say, rotated a few degrees.

Not sure if this was what you meant, but InDesign gives the option to split a column into multiple smaller columns as needed, as well as the ability to have particular lines span the entire width of the page. I'd love to see this functionality in Publisher! In fact I'd go so far as to say it's a must if it's to be a serious contender as a page layout program.

They might not need me—yet they might— I’ll let my heart be just in sight—
A smile so small as mine might be

Precisely their necessity

iMac 27" 32GB RAM, MacBook Pro 15" 16GB RAM, iPad Pro 12.9", iPad Pro 9.7", Apple Pencil

Software tools of my trade: Affinity Designer  |  Affinity Photo  |  Astropad  |  Amaziograph  |  PDF Expert  |  Drafts  |  Editorial  |  Things 3

Haha, probably! I should ask this question in its own thread I suppose.

They might not need me—yet they might— I’ll let my heart be just in sight—
A smile so small as mine might be

Precisely their necessity

iMac 27" 32GB RAM, MacBook Pro 15" 16GB RAM, iPad Pro 12.9", iPad Pro 9.7", Apple Pencil

Software tools of my trade: Affinity Designer  |  Affinity Photo  |  Astropad  |  Amaziograph  |  PDF Expert  |  Drafts  |  Editorial  |  Things 3