You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for iPad - Purchase for a Family Member

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can purchase Affinity Designer for iPad for someone else?

My niece is interested in design and I would like to buy this for her - but I don't own a Mac or iPad. She only has an iPad.

Is it possible for me to buy it - and for her to download it on her iPad?

Thanks,

Del

• 3 years later...
25 minutes ago, DelN said:

Can I also order Affinity Designer for Windows for a friend in this way too?

Apple cannot sell you a gift card for a Windows product. The Microsoft Store might be able to, if your friend runs Windows 10.

However, I would suggest that you email affinity@serif.com and inquire about purchasing a redemption code. Then your friend could purchase directly from Serif using the code.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you so much, Walt. I'll do that.

I actually purchased a copy of Affinity Photo for her a few months ago. Unfortunately, I did it under my email address. (I already own a copy of both myself).

Is there a way I can transfer that copy with the serial code to her email address, so it will be in her name?

1 hour ago, DelN said:

Thank you so much, Walt. I'll do that.

I actually purchased a copy of Affinity Photo for her a few months ago. Unfortunately, I did it under my email address. (I already own a copy of both myself).

Is there a way I can transfer that copy with the serial code to her email address, so it will be in her name?

You're welcome.

And no, you can't change tha associated email address. By the way, transferring the license you purchased to another user also violates the license agreement.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Oops! Sorry. I have another copy of Photo and Designer which I use. I really only purchased that copy for her. I don't use that copy myself. At the time I wasn't sure how to do it. I'll go through the channel you mentioned above for purchasing Designer for her - email affinity@serif.com and inquire about purchasing a redemption code for her.

2 hours ago, DelN said:

I don't use that copy myself.

My point was that, technically, you are the only one allowed to use that copy. You can't give it to her. The only exception would be that you could allow her to use it, for non-commercial purposes, on a computer that you own. (I wouldn't worry about it too much, but I thought you should know. And using a redemption code avoids that problem.)

-- Walt
PC: