You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

corner tool crashes the designer

At first, Yes, thanks… new corner tool is really cool. I like it!

I have run into a bug when corner tool crashes the app:

Rectangle is selected by any tool than switch to corner tool. No corner (node) is selected. When I use toolbar slider (next to Bake corner button) to set radius by opening it and draging it, the apps goes down. Repeatedly.

Log attached.

affinity designer crash report.txt

Uh, just run into another bug or something: I just did an experiment what does the Rounded rectangle with corner tool and it does wierd thing :-) (attachment)

I know it has no sence to use this but… it allows me to drag the corner just upwards, on the top corner on the bottom corners as well.

Propably should not do anything or sould work with radius regulary for this shape.

post-1445-0-66734300-1424770254_thumb.png

post-1445-0-52498900-1424770255_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Following the tutorial on Ketchup for Blood. I can select the right corner handle and get the red resizing ring, but the left one gives me a rectangle selection that disappears when I let go of the selection and handle handle gets that little orange glow about it but refuses to move.

I saved the file and reopened it, with the same result. The I opened it in AD 1.5.4, still won't move the handle.

The handles do not look like the corner tutorial or the Ketchup for Blood tutorial. Instead of blue square handles they are really small.

Should I send the project file? Screen grab attached here

[EDIT] The screen grab did not show the studio panel, but the curve layer is selected to avoid any confusion.

I see so much potential with the corner tool.

Michael

[EDITED] clarification 

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

The handles do not look like the corner tutorial or the Ketchup for Blood tutorial. Instead of blue square handles they are really small.

I think those nodes are small to encourage us to ignore them! If you switch to the Node Tool, you'll see a circle (with or without a dot in the middle) instead of a square. You can only use the Corner Tool on a sharp node, not a smooth or smart one.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I think those nodes are small to encourage us to ignore them! If you switch to the Node Tool, you'll see a circle (with or without a dot in the middle) instead of a square. You can only use the Corner Tool on a sharp node, not a smooth or smart one.

Thanks for the tip Alfred.

They actually use smart curves in the tutorial, so I wondered about that too. See the first attached the larger size of the handles on the completely recreated project. They are clearly large enough to pull out.

Now the cornering looks like blood dripping down the front cover. Hey Halloween is already over  :wacko: https://goo.gl/zaQEkK

Here is the result when I started from scratch. Still something on the handle size for devs' attention. https://goo.gl/bcJ48w

Michael

------
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

They actually use smart curves in the tutorial, so I wondered about that too. See the first attached the larger size of the handles on the completely recreated project. They are clearly large enough to pull out.

The handles are only minuscule when the Corner Tool is active.

Now the cornering looks like blood dripping down the front cover. Hey Halloween is already over   :wacko:

I don't think dripping blood (or ketchup!) is uniquely associated with Halloween. :mellow:

Alfred spacer.png

The handles are only minuscule when the Corner Tool is active.

I don't think dripping blood (or ketchup!) is uniquely associated with Halloween. :mellow:

Just my attempt at humor.

Is this where this bug is notified?

Happy new year

Michael

------

Just my attempt at humor.

Sorry, Michael. I didn't mean to spoil your fun!

Is this where this bug is notified?

It might not be a bad idea to create a separate thread in the Bugs section.

Happy new year

Happy New Year to you, too.

Alfred spacer.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.