Sign in to follow this  

I'm trying to create a brush of my watermark. (It's really more of a stamp. I just stamp it on. I don't draw with it like a traditional brush.) When I did this in photoshop, the watermark came out crisp and clean. In affinity designer, it comes out blurry around the edges. I have adjusted the hardness and flow to 100%, and I've tried messing with other settings, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

You can’t lay down a brushstroke on a path of zero length, so the very slight movement required to create separate start and end nodes is always going to give you a blurry result. Instead of creating it as a brush, I would simply add the design to a category in the Assets panel and then drag it onto the page.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

5 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Instead of creating it as a brush, I would simply add the design to a category in the Assets panel and then drag it onto the page.

I don’t think this is possible on an iPad? No Assets panel listed in Help file.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB iOS 12.4. Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 Affinity Design 1.7.2.6 Publisher for iPad ?

I'm not on an ipad. I'm on a desktop. Looks like I put this in the wrong thread. That is exactly what I needed! Thanks so much! I added it to the icons panel, which I moved to the top. Wish I could move my watermark to the top of the icons, but I'll settle for being able to find it quickly. Thank you! I've been trying to figure this out for hours.