You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wacom Stylus on Intuos 4

I have used a wacom tablet successfully for many years now in Pageplus and Photoplus. They give me just the right amount of control. Now I am making good progress in Affinity Photo and gradually learning to do the same tasks as I previously did in Photoplus.

This may be due to me remaining with Windows 7 64bit and it possibly is due to other causes but I do have the inconvenience of having the stylus failing to work properly in the new application and I have to resort to the use of the mouse for selections and to make choices from the menus.

I would be interested to learn if anyone else has had a similar result with a tablet stylus.

John

I do not use a Wacom tablet therefore cannot answer directly but please search the forums as there has been a lot said about this in other posts

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

I use a Wacom Bamboo Tablet. I had it for years and I never had any problems in any application. Affinity Photo and Design works perfectly with it. I always make sure that I have the latet drivers and no "bloatware" running. I'm now on Windows 10, but never had a problem in Win 7 and Win 8.1.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.